Monday, January 19, 2009
Are you willing to be “cheap” in order to save a little extra money?
|Of late, I have noticed that a lot of people are looking for ways to save a little whenever they can. Being “cheap” is really the norm today. The better word is frugal and being frugal does bring in serious cost savings and at the end of the month, you will be surprised how much an impact it can make on your monthly budget. These are some of the ways that I have found and have been doing. If you have any of your own to add, please add it on the comments.|
1) Clip out vouchers from newspapers, brochures or supermarket leaflets. There is this vouchers booklet that you may still be able to pick up either at the Cold Storage Supermarket or Giant in town. To see how it looks like, please hop over to my other blog.
2) When you do treat yourself at your local restaurant (maybe once every few weeks), ask for their promotion items. Restaurants seldom give out vouchers but they do have promotions. Or if you are a frequent customer, ask for their Loyalty Card or a preferred Credit Card that will give you a special at the restaurant.
3) Write a grocery list and stick to it.
4) Go through your house to make sure that all electrical devices and lights are switched off when you are not using it. You’d be surprised that most of the time, we do leave fans and lights on in an empty room.
5) Make your own meals instead of eating out all the time. The worst part of the bill is the taxes (Government and Service Taxes) that you have to pay on top of the cost of the food.
6) Sell off clutter that you don’t need or use anymore at flea markets. If it is a bit too expensive for you to rent the space yourself, then get a couple of friends to share the cost and pool all your stuff to be sold together. At the end of the sale, just spilt the takings after taking off the costs.
7) If you are already running a credit card debt, find ways to clear that one off first. Do whatever it takes, provide a service, and take up an MLM business, just so that you get extra money to clear the credit card debts as this is the most expensive kind of borrowings one can take up.
Labels: Wealth Creation